This blog was created for my graduate course called Creativity & Innovation. We were able to choose a "pet project" that we wanted to write about with the purpose of engaging and connecting to others. I would love to hear your comments. Thank you for "listening" to my story.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mission: Pampers

When I checked my e-mail, there was this huge advertisement that greeted me:


I usually ignore these because they don't relate to me, but this one had me at their headline, "Every baby is a little miracle."


I had to click on the link and I encourage you to do the same:



The link takes you to the Pampers' YouTube page which showcases a moving commercial about however your little bundle of joy enters the world, each baby is special and needs tender-loving care.

I've seen this commerical before, and it always brings a little tear to my eye. It does show that every story is unique and that every baby is a little miracle.

Along with buying their product (which I do love Pampers), they also are setting out missions for people to choose to accept. This month's challenge - helping father's bond with their child (in honor of Father's Day). This is a special mission because it is so important for fathers to feel that connection with their newborn. Mothers feel that connection as soon as they find out they're pregnant, but in my opinion, it takes until the birth of the child for a father to "get it".


It is so important for the baby to feel the love from both parents. Being taken care of from both mom and dad and not just mom. Plus, it helps the parents share the new responsibilities.


I will brag on Brent for a minute too. He was awesome. He connected right away to Carson, and I know he was proud of the fact that she looked EXACTLY like him. We called her his mini-me. They really are two peas in a pod. Along with his silliness with her, he is a rock-star dad. From Day 1 in the NICU, he shared in the feedings, changings, and taking her temperature. Once we got her home, he would do the late night feeding, so I could sleep for 6 hours until her 3am feeding. He still shares in the feeding, cleaning, changing and playing. He is an awesome dad to Carson and I know that is so important for her development. So I will choose to accept this mission to make sure he gets some special father-daughter time this Father's Day.



So please take a minute to click on the link and if you have a special dad in your life, tell him what he means to you.

5 comments:

  1. It is a remarkable process - frightening, joyful and occasionally frustrating - buts its all worth it. Having one who is now moving on (graduating), I enjoy reading your blog as it brings back all of those memories. Its funny, being a father who has spent so much time with my son (even from a distance), its funny how his graduation impacts me. Enjoy every moment - it flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only second James' last comment -- enjoy every moment because it DOES fly by. It is hard to believe how fast time has moved as I've gone from welcoming the author of this blog into this world, watching her graduate from high school then college, get married and now watching her welcome her own bundle of joy into this world. It's been a fantastic ride and I look forward to even more memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jim and Dad!!!

    I can't believe it's been one year - people say you forget the craziness of the beginning, but for me, I haven't forgotten, it only made me appreciate everything more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carson is a lucky girl to have not one but two parents who love her very much. It also doesn't hurt that both her mom is one that can move people to tears and laughter while inspiring others with or without children. Not having children myself, it would be an honor to be half the parents that you and Brent are to Carson.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this sweet commercial! and love your dad's sweet post. tears all around. :)

    ReplyDelete