This blog was created for my graduate course called Creativity & Innovation. We were able to choose a "pet project" that we wanted to write about with the purpose of engaging and connecting to others. I would love to hear your comments. Thank you for "listening" to my story.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Introduction

What is my passion?


This little babycake.

My daughter, Carson, was born six weeks early, and this blog is dedicated to her and all the other little preemies out there and their families whose world is knocked upside down when their healthly pregnancy is shaken up when the doctor tells them three little words. You're in labor.

That's what I heard May 12, 2010. And that is not what I was supposed to hear that day.

At that point in time, I was 32 weeks along and minding my own business. I was due July 4th. I had just finished another semester of graduate school and had two more months of work. I still had the nursery to finish, baby classes to take and pampering to be done before the big day.

I knew my world was going to change, but I wasn't expecting it that soon. So this blog is going to talk about that journey from learning what it would be like to have a premature baby, the roller coaster of a ride it was those 12 days on bedrest in the hospital and then the 16 days that followed with Carson in the NICU.

I hope it also can become a resource and community for others.

3 comments:

  1. Your story is amazing and Carson is beautiful. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KBC! I feel 100% more confident about writing my story after hearing that and seeing you in class tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As your mother it is interesting reading your perspective. I love your caption about your passion being your babycake. Well those two weeks you were in the hospital awaiting Carson, my passion was my babycake....and helping her!! Love you my precious child!!

    ReplyDelete